Tennis guide for starters like myself ~ The Teen Blog

Friday, February 15, 2008

Tennis guide for starters like myself

Tennis: when you say the word for the first time, all my memory was called out to an old friend of mine. His name was Moses, a kind of big guy with a full content of energy. I knew him as the first schoolmate who played tennis as sports, instead of soccer as many other mates did. Rather unordinary I guessed.



It was when I introduced to what that sport is, from learn how to grip the racket, do the serve, and exercise the body-reflects toward the ball. I was introduced to what it called forehand, backhand, also to four common grips as they were continental, eastern, semi-western, and western. Every grips has it own characteristics, but in general I concluded that it was hard enough for a first time starter, since the racket has its own weight which requires more effort than badminton rackets. So I started to use both hands for the forehand stroke while many more use both hands for the backhands stroke. The trick was quite successful.


It was the technique, later I learned how to choose the right equipment for playing tennis. The main item was the racket of course. When choosing tennis racquet, it was important that you know at what level you are already and your age as well. Since I was a beginner, I chose tennis rackets that has an oversized head size and a lighter weight. It was preferably between 7.5 to 10 ounces would do since this would generate more power which is often needed for beginners and the larger head size will provide a bigger string bed. Of course if I were profesional I would go for a better choice, such as from babolat rackets array.


Choosing the right tennis apparel may effect on how we play it. Since the sport needs more movement all around, the chosen dress should provide more flexibility. I should make sure that the dress was made from cotton so it can absorbs more sweat that occurs during the exercise. I also put some money out for head and wristbands. I thought it was cool enough to keep my eyes from sweat and reduce the excess weight to my hands as I held and swing the racket.


Down from head to body and finally I must chose the right footwear to play tennis. It came to suggestions that my k swiss tennis shoes should fit properly and support my feet. I have to move laterally along the baseline as well as up to the net back to the baseline.


I've played tennis for 2 months with Moses and after we graduated, I played no more until now. I still keep those tennis equipments as I know I will use them again someday. Maybe I'm gonna play it again with you.

0 comments: